Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: OT: Another Name Change...UGH!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just thought I'd let you all know that it is MareGathersWords who became MemoirsOfMimi and is now SayuriWhispers.

    I am getting SO tired of having to change my name because of this stupid stalker! This is the final straw! She has need contacted and notified a single email more and we're going to the police. I don't think they can do much about online harrassment, and letters. We've had to change our phone numbers too because of her. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    Thanks for letting me vent guys. Say a prayer for the girl who's stalking me, that she'll see the error of her ways and respect me and herself enough to put this nonsense to an end.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im so sorry to hear about your troubles Mare. You will always be that name to me I think [img]wink.gif[/img] I do miss your posts. I hope everything gets resolved soon and that you are not in any sort of danger. Feel free to pm if you need to talk [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Shortie [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member historylover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is definitely something you can do about been stalked on the Internet. Contact the FCC and file a complaint. It is a federal offense to harass someone over the Internet and they WILL take action against this person. I know from experience [img]smile.gif[/img] I would also contact your local police department. There needs to be a true spelled out physical threat for them to act, but they can at least fill out an incident report. Nowadays, law enforcement does take stalking activites seriously. I had a stalker a few years ago and it was in person, not on the Internet, and the police were wonderful about taking care of the matter. I agree with the other poster about not posting your name change.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sailorangel59's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by SayuriWhispers:
    Just thought I'd let you all know that it is MareGathersWords who became MemoirsOfMimi and is now SayuriWhispers.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry to hear about the stalker, I've had one or two but thankfully moved away (not cause of them mind you).
    Originally posted by SayuriWhispers:

    I am getting SO tired of having to change my name because of this stupid stalker! This is the final straw! She has need contacted and notified a single email more and we're going to the police. I don't think they can do much about online harrassment, and letters. We've had to change our phone numbers too because of her. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If they harrass you on the phone then the police can do something about it. Harassing is Harassing and thanks to some forms of phone number identification the police can do more.

    Side note: Are you looking forward to Memiors of a Geisha the movie? Big fan of the book over... kind of iffy on the movie though.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 12, 2005 02:58 AM: Message edited by: sailorangel59 ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You are more than welcome [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2005
    Posts
    569
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let me give you a piece of advice... if you have to change your name do not announce who you use to be on the board. Why? Because if someone is stalking you it would be rather easy to just go to the search engine put your old name in and pull these new post up.

    It is terrible that you are having to go through this ordeal! If you need someone to talk to PM me... and next time consider just PMing people with your name change so outsiders can't get the information.

    I had a stalker once, and its really scary! The police can do something. And also plug in fake addresses and phone numbers if you are asked for them online (unless you are placing an order of course) That way companies won't keep posting your information for the world over to see =D

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Side note: Are you looking forward to Memiors of a Geisha the movie? Big fan of the book over... kind of iffy on the movie though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very much so! I never though I'd find another book that captivated me the way Mists of Avalon did, but I was hooked on "Memoirs" from the first paragraph. It's such a beautiful story and I would list it now as my favorite novel.

    I've seen movie clips on AOL, and so far it seems they are sticking to the storyline very closely. I know some people are upset about a chinese actress playing Sayuri, but if the movie turns out to be a masterpiece, I think the ends justifies the means. Oprah had a piece on it about a week ago and had nothing but praise for it, mentioning readers of the book would not be disappointed and I've read in several magazines that there's already some Oscar buzz. *crosses fingers*

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am ridicoulusly excited for this movie as well. The book is just so rich. From the beautiful language to the details describing the time period and Japanese culture. I cant wait either [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 12, 2005 03:21 PM: Message edited by: *shortie* ]</font>

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I say call the police!They can do something about it for sure!Don't annouce your old name though,because they can still find you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •